The Asian Sensation

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Random thoughts...


my dog loves me....

so life in phoenix is pretty boring. there's not much to report. but i feel the need to update my blog even when i don't have much to say. so here are a slew of my random thoughts....

1)after throwing up on my carpet from being dehydrated and not drinking out of her water feeder, my dumd ass dog is finally starting to learn that if she's thirsty, she's going to have to get over the fact that the water feeder makes weird noises sometimes. bubbles....

2)i was planning on going home for thanksgiving to see my folks and attend a wedding. but after looking at airline prices, i had second thoughts. why in the world does it take $500 to fly to kansas?!? what's in kansas?!?!?! so after expressing my frustrations to a patient of mine who happens to work for southwest airlines, i now have a free plane ticket home for thanksgiving!! the perks of my job....

3)running is still coming along. in fact, after i write this, i plan on running 6 miles. but the key word is "plan". we'll see how it goes. so far, the plan has expanded. in november, i'm running a 10k (like 6 somethng miles), the week after that, i'm doing the "summit challenge" where i hike all 7 peaks of phoenix, (i'm guessing the equivalent of the difficulties of a 14'ner, but without the altitude), and in january, i'm running my half marathon. guess what i'm doing after that? i'm going to stop running, rest my 50 yr old knees, eat extremely unhealthy, put on all the weight i lost from running, and turn into a couch potato. NO MORE RUNNING AFTER JANUARY!!! can't wait!

4)small side note. remember how i said klarissa was coming out to visit? false alarm. they are going to wait til the whole divorce thing is settled with before she comes out. sad...

5)but if anyone wants to visit arizona in the winter time, please come! the weather is oh so nice now. (i'll deal with scorching summers for glorious winters.)

well, that's all. sorry not much to say. it's not like i'm in ireland or have someone else's dog to torture. it's just me and jordy...

miss you and love you all!

2 Comments:

Blogger David and Natalie Mash said...

Hey Kathy,
Your random thoughts were very entertaining. It is fun to hear about your life. Things are going well here; I am realizing that I need to rest more often now, but it won't be long! Talk to you later! Natalie and David

October 09, 2005 1:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kathy,

Thanks for the update...I'm glad your get a free trip home for Thanksgiving...please come see me! I really want to come out to Pheonix sometime....but with starting an internship, starting a new ministry with Justin, planning this wedding, working and school...I might have to wait till next summer, unless I can get out there for a little bit in January...we'll see. I love the pic of your and Jordy...very beautiful. So I didn't know you're running a half and doing all these things before then...how AWESOME! Is the race in Pheonix? hmmm maybe I could train and run it with you...I haven't been running, I haven't had time...thats the only thing that stunk about training for the half earlier this year was that you end up running one to two hours everyday, very time consuming both so worth it! Well, things here are good, extremely busy, yet good. My family is well and we all love you and miss you!!!

October 11, 2005 7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home