The Asian Sensation

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

How do you catch a cold in 90 degree weather??

so as you know from the title of this blog, i'm a bit under the weather. i have some sort of vicious cold. but it's like 90 degrees outside. how does one catch a cold when it is hot as hell outside? poop on a stick!!

i woke up yesterday with the tightness in my throat and stuffiness in my sinuses. well today, it is now full blown! :( so sad. i hate being sick. and being that i have not completed 6 months of work here yet, i don't have sick leave. so here i am, at work, spreading my germies to all my co-workers and my patients. meanwhile, my utmost desire is to be in bed, curled up in my blankets, with my blankie and froggie keeping me company. (yes, that is my 32nd confession, i still sleep with a blankie and froggie) anyways, i'm drugged up on dayquil during the day and nyquil at night. and my 10K race is less than 2 weeks and i'm out of commission for probably a week.

my life is falling apart..... (just kidding, by the way)

5 Comments:

Blogger Audrey said...

Two words: chewable zinc

Go to Trader Joe's and buy the raspberry or tangerine flavored zinc tablets, and eat (not on an empty stomach) as many per day as you can (pay no heed to the warning label...what do those guys know anyway?) and just you watch how fast your cold will go away. It's the closest I've ever found to a miracle pill. You better get better - I'm not running that dang 10K by my lonesome! ;-)

November 02, 2005 4:26 PM  
Blogger The Asian Sensation said...

my 10k is this sunday (the 13th) and being sick and not running for a week, i'm behind. as long as i finish....

where is your 1/2?

November 08, 2005 2:34 PM  
Blogger The Asian Sensation said...

and by the way, i was joking about the title. i've heard your explanation many times. i know i can't catch a cold from walking outside with wet hair and 30 degree weather. it was from making out with that one guy when i was drunk. haha, just kidding. wasn't drunk, or making out with a guy. it's from teh germies i come in contact with everyday with all the million patients i see a day. yuck.

November 08, 2005 2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Update please! We are all waiting patiently for more news about the Asian Sensation!

November 11, 2005 12:27 PM  
Blogger The Asian Sensation said...

sorry. some of us have busy lives. some of us don't have time to update silly things about a dog every other day! don't worry, i will update on monday or shortly there after (if i survive my first 10K race, that is).

November 11, 2005 1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home