The Asian Sensation

Friday, November 11, 2005

Phoenix New Times 10K

on sunday is the "new times 10K" that i have signed up to run. part of me is very excited for this since i'm a virgin at these things. running cross country in high school doens't really count. so of my post-high school running career, this will be my first race. 6.2 miles. i was sick all last week, so i wasn't able to run. and this week, i've been trying to make up for it and every muscle in my lower body hurts. therefore, i'm also nervous about the race. i just want to finish without having to stop and walk. that is my goal-- no walking.

so stay tuned on monday or shortly there after for my blog on my first race.

but before then, lemme share with you my plans for life after sunday....
1)i'm going to burn my running shoes
2)my post-high school career finished as soon as it started. i'm not going to run the half marathon. can't do it.
3)i'm going to eat a tub of ice cream in one sitting. (and i'm not talking about the ben and jerry's sized tubs)
4)i'm going to sit in front of the tv and eat that tub of ice cream.
5)i'm going to splurge and treat myself to a very nice dinner.
6)i'm going to sit in my hot tub after the race (only i don't have a hot tub. if only i still lived in greeley, and if only blayne and deb still owned their house...)
7)i'm going to find a hot guy that ran next to me and ask him to make out with me after the race.
8)actually, after the race, i'm going to shower and go to church. so you can nix #7.
9)i'm going to treat myself to an ice cold pepsi. (i have not drank pop since i started running.)
10)i will cry after losing the 6-pack that appeared since i started running.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Asian Sensation said...

i'm a thin slug! :)

November 14, 2005 11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home