The Asian Sensation

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

loneliness.... to joy.....

Christmas is just around the corner and it's a bit sad around here. there are Christmas lights on palm trees. it seems a bit ironic to me, but anyways. this will be the first Christmas i don't spend with my family. granted Christmas was never a big holiday for my family, but either way, they're family. it's kinda funny looking back and thinking how depressing Christmas was for my family. growing up, we had one Christmas tree ever, and maybe put lights up three times. Christmas was sitting around the kitchen table on Christmas eve opening presents. always got cash from dad since putting thought into a real present was too much for him. and no gift was ever bigger than a shoe box. anyways, depressing as it sounds, i'm kinda sad that i won't be able to see my family over the holidays. i didn't make it home for thanksgiving and now Christmas. the last time i've seen my parents was in may. and the last time i saw my brother was... i don't even remember.... anyways.

but those who know me know that i can't stay sad too long. so lets share the happy thoughts....

it's december and it's like 60 degrees during the day time. i wear basketball shorts and a hoodie to take jordy to the park. the only time i need a jacket is when i go to work in the morning at 6:30am. it's quite glorious. i hear scary stories about how it's like in the negatives in colorado (friends), kansas (parents), and chicago (bro). i get many calls asking the temperature and then curses when they hear how lovely it is here.

another happy thing, is by far, the biggest happy news for me. i'm going to colorado in 16 days, not that i'm counting or anything. i leave right after work friday, december 30th, and i get back late sunday january 8th. and i have to wake up early to go to work monday. blagh. but o well, I'M GOING ON VACATION!!!! here is my list of things to do while i'm in colorado:
- hang out with all my friends i have not seen since august
- go ski (and not break a leg or arm)
- see my new god-daughter cecily
- freeze my ass off
- plat settlers of catan with my friends (if the cult has not disbanded yet)
- go get lollicup and dim sum with my girlfriend, jen (but she's cheating on me)
- watch "in her shoes" with my best friend, klarissa
- get drunk on new year's eve (and then kiss a boy)
- sleep in because i'm on vacation
i think that's about all. if other things come up i'll add to my list. so anyways, there you go. my happy list.

anyways. much love. i was instructed to update my blog and this is what i came up with. happy reading!! :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

what's a lollicup?

December 15, 2005 12:11 AM  
Blogger The Asian Sensation said...

i said kiss a boy, i didn't say kiss YOUR boy. who would want to kiss your boy anyways? he's just a wee little guy who's barely old enough to go see on his own. you cradle robber you... HAHAHAHA

anyways, tell mother nature to warm up before i show. word says, it's going to be a high or 77 on Christmas....

December 21, 2005 6:38 AM  
Blogger Audrey said...

Merry Christmas, Kathy! Done any running lately? I haven't done a THING since November 13. Wanna train for a triathlon next month? Gotta do something to work off the Christmas cookies!

December 25, 2005 8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home